1) Prepare meat sauce as follows: Heat butter and oil in large pan, then fry chopped onion, carrot and celery until brown. Add ground beef and brown. Mix in wine and allow to evaporate quickly. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and simmer for 45 minutes. Add milk and simmer another 10 minutes.
2) Prepare béchamel sauce as follows: Melt butter in pan and slowly blend in flour. Gradually add hot milk and stir until thick. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
3) Cook lasagna according to the cooking instructions.
4) Grease casserole. Put thin layer of meat sauce on bottom of pan. Arrange one layer of lasagna on top of sauce. Repeat meat sauce.
5) Add 10 tbsp. of béchamel on top of meat sauce and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
6) Cover with mozzarella cheese.
7) Repeat layers 4 times.
8) Add remaining béchamel and parmesan cheese on top without mozzarella cheese.
9) Bake at 350o F for 30 minutes. Broil for 10 minutes. Serve hot.