Research & Development
The R&D department at Grisspasta strives to develop new products and improve on classics. We often design new lines of pasta according to customer specifications. Or we suggest our own innovative products to retail chains and food processors.
Our facilities include a pilot plant to test new concepts. After the test period, the next step is a plant trial on production equipment. We keep adjusting the test product until we arrive at a result that will uphold Grisspasta’s reputation for quality.
Grisspasta can fulfill practically any order thanks to:
- a versatile organisation
- staffed with highly competent personnel
- working on state-of-the-art pasta production chains
- high-technology dryers
- in an efficient packing department.
Every single aspect of the production process is included in Grisspasta’s quality assurance program. Even before raw material arrives, we have taken measures to ensure its quality. Only products that have received a final seal of approval can leave the premises.
Our quality assurance program features the following steps:
- Raw material/ingredient verification and certification
- In-process quality controls
- Finished product testing
- Sanitation and pest control programs
- Personnel training in good manufacturing practices
- Plant audits
- HACCP program
- Certified Kosher by the Jewish Community Council of Montreal
- Certified Organic by Québec Vrai (for a selection of pasta)
We are GFSI certified and non GMO certified by the Non-GMO Project for some pasta