1) Put the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over a medium-high heat and cook until the garlic begins to change color.
2) Add the tomatoes and season with salt. When the tomatoes begin to bubble, turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until the tomatoes have reduced and separated from the oil: about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3) Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan or pot, add 1 tablespoon of salt, and drop in the pasta all at once, stirring well.
4) Return the skillet with the tomato sauce to a medium-high heat and add the salmon, cream, and a pinch of salt. Cook over a medium-high heat until the cream has reduced by half. Stir in the basil and remove from the heat.
5) When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce. Taste for salt and spiciness and serve at once.